Saturday, November 6, 2010

Book Review: The Ivy by Lauren Kunze and Rina Oliver

Title: The Ivy
Authors: Lauren Kunze and Rina Oliver
Pages: 320
Publisher: Greenwillow Books
Source: Library

Summary: Freshman year at Harvard--glamorous parties, blossoming friendships, steamy romances, and scandalous secrets. Skip the campus tour and get right to the good stuff: classes are for scoping guys (and their Facebook profiles), not taking notes. The library is for study dates (the medieval history stacks get a lot of action), not studying. And success is a 4.0 GPA... plus getting into the most exclusive parties. How will Callie--a California girl with brains, beauty, and big dreams--and her three roommates survive?

Review: I'll admit, I've never heard of this book before my friend picked it up. When I read the summary, I thought this might be a good book. She wasn't reading it at the time, so I decided to read it. As it turns out, I was hooked. I really liked it. Most books i've read are somewhat paranormal, but this is just about a girl who goes to Harvard and has many different experiences. It was really interesting.

It was Callie's freshman year at Harvard University. She didn't know anybody going there, so she wasn't sure what to expect. As it turns out, she makes some friends. I thought her roomate, Mimi, who is French, was really funny. From her ex, Evan, to the boy she hates, she finally finds the right boy. Or does she? This book ended with, well not really a cliff hanger, but I wanted more! The story continues in the sequel (which i'm excited to read).

I liked the main character, Callie. She was easy to relate to. If I knew her in real life, I think she would be easy to get along with. She seemed pretty down to earth.

The thing I was disappointed in was that there was a lot of mature content in this book. I would recommend this book to older teens. Besides that, I really liked it. I'm excited for the sequel. I gave this book four coffee cups.

1 comment:

  1. I like the sound of this book, just a girl who's going trough a lot of drama at college. I like it. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the comments! I love them!