Saturday, July 3, 2010

Book Review: Splendor by Anna Godbersen


Summary: As spring turns into summer, Elizabeth relishes her new role as a young wife, while her sister, Diana, searches for adventure abroad. But when a surprising clue about their father's death comes to light, the Holland girls wonder at what cost a life of splendor comes. Carolina Broad, society's newest darling, fans a flame from her past, oblivious to how it might burn her future. Penelope Schoonmaker is finally Manhattan royalty--but when a real prince visits the city, she covets a title that comes with a crown. Her husband, Henry, bravely went to war, only to discover that his father's rule extends well beyond New York's shores and that fighting for love may prove a losing battle.

Review: This is the 4th and final book in the Luxe series. I really enjoyed reading this book. There was a lot of romance and some betrayal. As I read this book I couldn't stop reading. This book was a good conclusion to the series. What really disappointed me was the ending. I was sad when the series was over. I look forward to the author's upcoming book titled Bright Young Things.


***********Spoiler Alert!***************** (Don't read below if you want to read the book!)






At first, I didn't really like the ending because I thought that Diana should be with Henry. As I thought about it, I'm glad that Diana left for Paris alone. Her decision showed that she had matured enough to not be so jealous all the time. Penelope and her husband, Henry, also showed more maturity by staying together. My favorite book in the series is the second book, Rumors. I would recommend reading this book.

1 comment:

  1. I read this series too and I really enjoyed it. I was proud of Diana for standing up for herself in the end and not doing what Henry wanted just so she could be with him.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the comments! I love them!