Saturday, December 25, 2010

Book Review: The Lying Game by Sara Shepard

Title: The Lying Game
Author: Sara Shepard
Pages: 307
Publisher: Harperteen
Source: ARC from publisher
Summary: Foster kid Emma Paxton has only just discovered Sutton Mercer, the wealthy twin sister she never knew she had, when Sutton drops off the face of the earth, asking Emma to cover for her at home, school, and with her friends—just for a few days. At first Emma enjoys trying on her sister’s fabulous life: her fiercely loyal friends, her adoring boyfriend, her close-knit family. But as Emma is drawn deeper into Sutton’s world she finds the friends are not so fabulous, the boyfriend is not who she wants to be with, and the family is clinging to long-buried secrets and a veneer of functionality. And worst of all, Sutton may not be coming back. In fact, someone may have made sure she never could…and that someone knows Emma is not who she claims to be. Emma will need all her wits to survive The Lying Game

Review: I loved Sara Shepard's series Pretty Little Liars so I decided to read this book. It was really good! I loved it.

Emma tries to meet her twin sister that she never knew she had. While waiting for her twin, Sutton, Emma meets Sutton's friends and family. The problem is that everyone thinks Emma IS Sutton! She never met Sutton because Sutton is dead. Emma gets a note that says "play along or you're next." Emma decides to play along and pretend to be Sutton. She realizes that Sutton has a pretty crazy life. Along the way, she tries to figure out what happened to Sutton and save herself from being the next victim.

When Emma first stepped into Sutton's life, she met a boy named Ethan. Ethan was surprised that Emma (as Sutton) was talking to him. They soon became good friends. I really liked this part in the book. Emma was able to talk to somebody who wasn't already part of Sutton's life.

This book was filled with drama, mystery, and suspense. I finished this book quickly! I was very curious to find out what happened to Sutton and what was going to happen to Emma. The end was such a cliffhanger. I can't wait for the sequel! I really want to see how Emma works this out.

I would recommend this book to fans of Pretty Little Liars and anyone who wants a great, suspenseful read. I gave this book five coffee cups! Read this book!

4 comments:

  1. Good review! I had been wondering what this one was about.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello! I just thought you might be interested in a book giveaway I'm hosting. Check it out at amandarosetew.blogspot.com!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm almost done with this one. I'm so disappointed I'm not going to find out what happened to Sutton at the end. Darn it, I hate cliffhangers! Hope the next book comes out soon. Do you know how many books are planned?

    PS: I'm reading UnEarthy next, for the DAC! :-) I'll look for your review. I hear its really good.!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I finished this one! I'm glad you loved it, as did I :)
    Love the blog, I followed!
    Please, if you have time, check out my blog?
    Thanks!
    http://lovelylilbookworm.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the comments! I love them!