Thursday, January 27, 2011

Book Review: Babe In Boyland by Jody Gehrman

Title: Babe in Boyland
Author: Jody Gehrman
Pages: 304
Publisher: Dial
Source: ARC from Publisher
Release Date: February 17, 2011

Summary: When high school junior Natalie--or Dr. Aphrodite, as she calls herself when writing the relationship column for her school paper--is accused of knowing nothing about guys and giving girls bad relationship advice, she decides to investigate what guys really think and want. But the guys in her class won't give her straight or serious answers. The only solution? Disguising herself as a guy and spending a week at Underwood Academy, the private all-boy boarding school in town. There she learns a lot about guys and girls in ways she never expected--especially when she falls for her dreamy roommate, Emilio. How can she show him she likes him without blowing her cover


Review: This book was really good! It made me laugh. It was so funny at times!

Natalie was trying to get an inside scoop on boys and how they think for her school newspaper, but she couldn't get any information out of the guys when they knew her as a girl. So she decided to go undercover--as a boy--to an all boys school. Calling herself "Nat" and chopping her hair off, she was able to convince the boys that she was one of them.

This reminded me a lot of the movie She's The Man. But it was also a bit different.

There was some tender moments between Natalie (as Nat) and her roommate Emilio. I found myself cheering for them saying in my head "kiss him! kiss him!" then I remembered that Emilio didn't know that she was a girl, and that would be quite awkward.

I always thought it would be fun to pretend to be a guy for a while. But I don't think I could do it for more than a day! Natalie held out for an entire week. It wasn't very easy. She had lots of troubles and made many mistakes. She even had to put some of her friendships on the line to keep her cover.

I gave this book four coffee cups. It was really good. I enjoyed reading it. I would recommend reading this book. It's a fun, interesting book with some romance.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for the comments! I love them!