Sunday, January 30, 2011

Book Review: Cloaked by Alex Flinn

Title: Cloaked
Author: Alex Flinn
Pages: 337
Publisher: Harperteen
Source: ARC from publisher

Summary: Johnny’s not your average hero. But a little magic changes everything. There isn’t a fairy godmother or any of that. It all starts with a curse. And a frognapping. And one hot-looking princess. And before Johnny knows it, he is on a mission in the Everglades, with only a flock of swans and a talking fox named Joe to help guide him against the forces of an evil witch.

Review: This was a pretty entertaining book. I am a fan of Alex Flinn's books, so this book didn't disappoint much.

Johnny works at a shop repairing shoes. He doesn't make much, so he is poor. When Princess Victoriana shows up offering him a reward for finding her long lost brother (who had turned into a frog), Johnny accepts the offer and goes on a search. A bit into the journey, Johnny's best friend, Meg, comes and helps him. Along the way they encounter a talking fox, swans, and an evil witch trying to stop them in their tracks.

Before Johnny leaves for his journey, the princess gives him a magical cloak. The cloak can transport him anywhere he wants to go. The thing is, he has to be specific about where he wants to go. Otherwise he might end up in the middle of the road. This makes me wish that I had a magical cloak!

I wan't a huge fan of this book. Don't get me wrong, It was still pretty good. It was just too fantasy for me. I like a little bit of fantasy, like Alex Flinn's other books Beastly and A Kiss In Time. The good thing, is that it was written well, so it wasn't hard to follow.

If you like fantasy, then I would recommend reading this book. I thought the romance was super cute. I gave this book three and a half coffee cups. It was a decent book.

1 comment:

  1. I still need to try Alex Flinns books, but I will start with Beastly. This book doesn't get a lot of 5 stars reviews. :) Great review.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the comments! I love them!