Friday, January 21, 2011

Book Review: Unearthly by Cynthia Hand

Title: Unearthly
Author: Cynthia Hand
Pages: 435
Publisher: Harperteen
Source: ARC from publisher

Summary: In the beginning, there's a boy standing in the trees . . . .

Clara Gardner has recently learned that she's part angel. Having angel blood run through her veins not only makes her smarter, stronger, and faster than humans (a word, she realizes, that no longer applies to her), but it means she has a purpose, something she was put on this earth to do. Figuring out what that is, though, isn't easy.

Her visions of a raging forest fire and an alluring stranger lead her to a new school in a new town. When she meets Christian, who turns out to be the boy of her dreams (literally), everything seems to fall into place—and out of place at the same time. Because there's another guy, Tucker, who appeals to Clara's less angelic side.

As Clara tries to find her way in a world she no longer understands, she encounters unseen dangers and choices she never thought she'd have to make—between honesty and deceit, love and duty, good and evil. When the fire from her vision finally ignites, will Clara be ready to face her destiny?

Review: Wow. Amazing book! I don't know if there are words to describe it! It is one of my new favorites.

I am absolutely in love with Tucker! He's sweet, caring, and very, very attractive. Such a gentleman! He's more of a rough, country boy. At first, he is a bit of a jerk to Clara. But that was only because he liked her. When Clara was left alone with Tucker becuase all her friends were leaving town, she had nothing to do but fall for him. I mean, how could she not?

Christian, on the other hand, is adorable. He's kind, and has a thing for Clara. When Clara first met him, he had a girlfriend and he was popular. But he was also drop dead gorgeous. She never thought she'd have a chance with him until little miss popular (his girlfriend) broke up with him.

The thing is, Clara has a purpose. She has visions of a boy and a fire and she doesn't know what it means. All she knows it that she needs to save him. That boy, is Christian. Clara is part angel, so she has to learn how to use her abilities.

I really like Clara's character. She was easy to relate to. I wish I could be in her situation! Two guys, two best friends and super powers!

This book was so good, it kept me up reading. It was so cute! At times I it made me laugh and sigh. The romance was so sweet. I am Team Tucker! I gave this book five coffee cups for sure!

2 comments:

  1. Hey Elena! So glad to see you liked it. I wasn't going to read this until I was sent a copy, but now you've got me anxious! Thanks girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just finished this and LOVED it! Great review, and a totally awesome book!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the comments! I love them!