Saturday, October 30, 2010

Author Interview with Brenna Yovanoff!

In honor of the 10 days of Halloween (ending tomorrow) we have young adult author Brenna Yovanoff (author of The Replacement) here! Welcome!

1. Tell us a little bit about yourself.
I really like dresses, and I have lots and lots of wild yellow hair. I'm like a very small lion. Wearing a dress.

2. Can you tell us about your book, The Replacement?
The Replacement is a dark, contemporary changeling story that is not-quite-horror. It's creepy, but with a heart of gold.

3. What inspired you to write this book?
I don't know that any one thing inspired me. It was an idea I'd been tossing around for a long time and one day, I just felt like the time had come to write it.

4. Can you relate to any of the characters in your book? How?
I think I relate most to Roswell. I've always been the kind of person who just goes along and kind of expects the world to be pretty weird. I have a hard time thinking of anything I've learned that I've found particularly shocking, and that's totally how Roswell operates.

5. Are you currently working on any books?
Right now, I'm working on a love story about demons. There are monsters and kisses and true love—it gets messy.

6. How would you survive a zombie attack? Or would you?
I am so glad you asked! I would totally survive a zombie attack because I am small and quick and have a long history of climbing things I'm not supposed to climb. I would wear my steel-toed construction boots and cut off all my hair so it wouldn't get caught on things. Also, my transformation would remind me that this is my new life. My weapons of choice would be my awesome all-purpose kitchen knife, and a crow bar, and a .22 rifle. I realize these aren't the most powerful weapons, but like I said, I'm very small. Also, I was raised in the middle of nowhere. In a tent. I know how to rough it.

Thanks for your time Brenna! I appreciate it.

2 comments:

Thanks for the comments! I love them!