Thursday, October 28, 2010

Author Interview with Vanessa Morgan!

Today for the 10 days of Halloween we have author Vanessa Morgan here for an interview! Welcome!

1. Tell us a little bit about yourself.
I’m a lucky 35-year-old girl who turned her passion for the horror genre into a fulltime activity. Drowned Sorrow and The Strangers Outside are my first books; new novels as well as movies are in development. Apart from writing, I’m also passionate about animals, good food, tea, movies, city trips and my cat.

2. When did you first start writing?
I began writing fiction about ten years ago. Before that I was mainly into journalism.

3. What inspired you to write your book The Strangers Outside?
A little over a year ago, my little sister Jennifer asked me to use her as a main character in my next book. I already had a vague idea for a story with a foreboding atmosphere and dark figures showing up at different places. I thought she was perfect for the story and so the Jennifer in The Strangers Outside not just resembles my sister, she IS my sister. Even the dialogue is based on things she actually told me. To blur the line between reality and fiction even more, I used a real house and setting in Belgium.

4. What are your thoughts about it being turned into a movie?
It’s exciting because it’s a whole new experience for me, especially because I had the chance to visit the movie set. If you’re interested in knowing more about the film, I’ve posted photos of the filming locations on my blog at http://vanessa-morgan.blogspot.com/2010/08/strangers-outside-filming-locations.html and another set of photos of the film shoot at http://vanessa-morgan.blogspot.com/2010/09/behind-scenes-of-strangers-outside.html. Also, it’s funny to see how the story changes along the road. If you’ve read the book and think you’ve figured everything out, then you’re in for a big surprise with the film.

5. If you could have any super/paranormal power, what would it be?
I’d like to have all of them: being invisible, reading people’s minds, talking with the dead… But I can only choose one, right? Then it’ll be talking with animals. I have a very special relationship with the animals in my life and I know that there’s so much more to them then what I currently know. Oh, and I’d like to be able to cure people and animals miraculously. Who wouldn’t?

6. How would you survive a zombie attack, or would you?
In zombie movies, the courageous people who fight back almost always get eaten, so I’ll probably barricade myself into my apartment with my cat. And if my cat were to turn into a zombie, we’d live happily ever after.

Thanks for your time! Check back tomorrow for a giveaway of The Strangers Outside!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for the comments! I love them!