Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Author Interview with Stacey Kade!


Today is the 5th day of the 10 days of Halloween. Young adult author Stacey Kade is joining us today! Welcome!

1. Tell us a little bit about yourself
Oh, boy, I'm terrible at this! :) My characters are far more interesting than I am. Uh, let's see...The Ghost and the Goth is my first YA novel. I've been writing for about ten years or so. When I'm not reading or writing, I'm probably obsessing over one of my many favorite television shows--I'm a pop culture junkie! I'm married and we have three retired racing greyhounds.

2. What is your book, The Ghost and the Goth about?
Alona Dare is the most popular girl in school until she dies. Run over by a bus! :) Then she's stuck in between life and death and can't seem to move on. The only person who can see or hear her is Will Killian, this outcast-type, weird kid, someone she would have never spoken to when she was alive. But he has his own problems--a principal who wants him kicked out and a psychiatrist who wants to lock him up.

The two of them have to figure out way to help each other. :)

3. What inspired you to write this book?
You know, I'm not sure except that one day I just heard a phrase floating through my head, "Staring up at the undercarriage of a bus is no way to spend your afterlife." And it all started from there.

4. How would you survive a zombie attack? Or would you?

Hmm. Normally, I would say that I didn't like my chances, but I've been brushing up on my zombie survival skills. I've watched Zombieland several times this year and taken the lessons to heart.

The question is, how much advance warning do I have and is my goal to hunker down and stay safe or to get the heck out of zombie-Dodge? Once I had that information, I could probably formulate a decent survival plan. Would have to learn how to shoot. Have never done that before! :)

5. If you could have one super/paranormal power what would it be and why?
I'd love to be able to heal people just by touch, like Max on Roswell. Though, I'm pretty sure a gift like that usually comes with a pretty steep price, so I'm not sure that I'd really want any supernatural power at all! :)


Thanks Stacey for your time! Check back later this week for some awesome giveaways!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for the comments! I love them!